We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
CAD/CAM Dental Laboratory Technician – 991963
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Full Time with Full Benefits
Subject to Grant Funding?:
Essential Job Functions:
1. Operates CAD/CAM software, 3D printing machines, and milling units to create crowns, surgical guides for implants and/or endodontic, and aligners, amongst others. Designs must be checked by a faculty prior to milling and manufacturing.
2. Trains/or assists faculty/staff/student in the use of digital equipment and answers technical related questions.
3. Supports faculty and students with milling.
4. Supports faculty and students with characterization and glazing of the CAD/CAM restorations.
5. Ensures that the prescriptions are completed for the finished restorations.
6. Maintains supplies inventory such as blocks, diamond burs, fluids, filters and materials for staining and glazing.
7. Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
8. Maintains scanners and milling machines i.e., changing the fluids and the filters; maintains a log of the mills when maintenance is done.
9. Calls vendor for issues with scanners or mills.
10. Completes repair orders and keeps a log.
11. Keeps the laboratory neat and clean.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Marginal Job Functions:
Changes burs due to wear or fracture of the bur.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Dental Anatomy - Comprehensive knowledge in dental anatomy and terminology.
2. Education/Training - Knowledge of principles/methods for curriculum/training design/teaching for individuals/groups.
3. Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
4. Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
5. Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others; establishing priorities.
6. Computer – using software applications and database management.
7. Learning Strategies — Selecting/using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning/teaching new things.
8. Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop/evaluate options and implement solutions.
9. Critical Thinking — Using logic/reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions/approaches to problems.
10. Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand, asking questions as appropriate.
1.Operations Analysis - Advanced skills in analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
2. Repairing - Advanced skills in repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
3. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
4. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
5. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
6. Science - Proficient skills using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
7. Critical Thinking - Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
8. Service Orientation - Proficient skills in actively looking for ways to help people.
1. Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
2. Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
3. Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
4. Ability to work on multiple tasks and complete them by following strict timelines.
5. Ability to pay attention to detail and work with small tools and equipment.
6. Have dexterity and good vision.
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. May be required to work nights or weekends.
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
Certified Dental Technician through the National Board for Certification in Dental Laboratory Technology.
Associate degree in Dental Laboratory Technology.
Minimum of two (2) years of dental laboratory experience as a laboratory technician, or prior experience working for a dental implant manufacturer, or CAD / CAM designer.
1. Experience with 3shape, Nobel, Exocad, and other desktop scanners and software.
2. Experience with 5 Axis Milling units.
3. Knowledge of zirconia, e.max, 3shape software, milling and 3d printing and all other aspects of the digital dental process.