Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Clinical (Non-Faculty Only)
SOD - Restorative Lab - Director
Main Campus Jackson
Dental Technician III-Restorative Lab-School of Dentistry
Supervise Dental Technician personnel. Supervise the direction and instruction to dental students in appropriate phases of their clinical and pre-clinical education, including digital impressions. Contributes to dental student education alongside faculty, participating in pre-clinical and clinical courses. Responsible for production of high-quality dental prosthetics in crowns, bridges, and veneers.
Education & Experience
High School diploma/GED and twelve (12) years of related experience.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Serve as technology expert in order to assist faculty and students.
- Evaluates, corrects, and communicates model work with dental students, including modeling, mounting, and die trimming; workflow as a ceramist and lab technician.
- Participates in instruction during pre-clinical laboratory courses as it relates to laboratory technology.
- Digital crown and bridge fabrication and digital impressions – TRIOS, Planmeca, Cerec; PM7.
- Assists with crown and bridge fabrication – guides students on implant supported crown and bridge prosthetics, including instruction on parts that need to be ordered and case planning and model work; porcelain to metal restoration.
- Coordinates cases with outside laboratories.
- Assists with denture fabrication – instructing dental students how to engage abutments, fabricate surgical guides, and set up and polishing.
- Assists with partial denture fabrication – guide framework designs, modeling, and final fabrications
- Ensure that faculty and students follow all safety and procedural protocols.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, constant reaching, constant sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and occasional walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):