Devonshire House Dental Laboratory is a full-service lab providing technical support to dentists throughout the UK. Our custom built, state of the art laboratory in Babraham near Cambridge currently has a vacancy in the above position.
Maintains and improves patients' oral health by fabricating removable prostheses according to dentist prescriptions.
Responsible to: Lab Manager
Excellent salary depending on experience. Plus, a range of benefits:
• Free dental care after 12 months
• Annual CPD and GDC registration paid for
• Uniform provided
• Learning opportunities
• On-site parking
Prosthetics technician duties:
· Skilled in fabricating removable prosthesis, including articulating, custom trays, wax occlusal rims, wax try-ins, processing, casting plaster models, wire bending, polishing, and repairing damaged/broken appliances.
· Some experience in vacuum formed appliances and orthodontics is preferred, but not necessary. Training will be given in implant retained prosthesis, and orthodontics as required.
General Prosthetics Technician Duties:
· Constructs prostheses by following the dentist's prescription.
· Liaises with the dentist prior to constructing prostheses where any variation from the prescription is required
· Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records as required.
· Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing duties in various departments; working with CAD/CAM technicians, maintaining supplies inventories; keeping equipment operating.
· Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes.
· Updates dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Dental Laboratory Technician Skills:
Customer Focus, Customer Service, Use of Dental Technology, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Attention to Detail, Job Knowledge, Tact and Diplomacy, Professional Approach to Tasks and Colleagues
This job description is a general guideline of your duties and is subject to regular review