3D Print Technician works in our Syracuse, NY 3D Print Lab to provide outstanding oral prosthetics to our large network of Dental Practices for delivery to our patients in a timely manner.
Essential Functions, Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- 3D scanning of patient prosthetic models and bite registrations.
- Create order form in 3D designer software.
- Locate and prepare patient prosthetic CAD/CAM files in computer system.
- Import CAM files into 3D printer nesting software.
- Position and support CAM files in printer nesting software.
- Send nested files to 3D printer.
- Prepare 3D printer to receive and print file.
- Wash printed parts in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Assemble printed parts in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Cure printed parts in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Equipment housekeeping maintenance of 3D printers, washing units and curing units.
- Quality inspection checkpoints to ensure high quality products and patient specific prosthetic units are properly tracked.
- Pay Range $19 -$26/HR
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience, Skills & Abilities (i.e., technical, knowledge, etc.):
- Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, and mobility to manage 3D printer preparation for printing; some sitting at desk, looking at computer screen and using keyboard. A lot of getting up, sitting down movement.
- Familiarity with computer file storage for placement and retrieval of CAM files.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Speedy typing skills are a plus.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination.