Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Academics (Non-Faculty Only)
SOD - Restorative Lab - Director
Main Campus Jackson
Dental Lab Technician-Restorative Lab-School of Dentistry
To make and repair orthodontic devices such as dentures, bridges, crowns, and braces. To use materials such as gold, silver, porcelain, plastics, and stainless steel to create aesthetically pleasing dental replacements.
Education & Experience
Graduate of an accredited American Dental Association (ADA) Dental Technology Program or High School Diploma/GED and two (2) years of related experience
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: NA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of dentals materials science, oral anatomy, and fabrication procedures. Artistic skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Ability to recognize very fine color shadings and variations in shape. Ability to pour and mount casts.
- Determines the design of dental products by reading prescriptions or specifications and examination of models and impressions.
- Fabricates, alters, and repairs dentals devices such as dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, and appliances for straightening teeth.
- Tests appliances for conformance to specifications and accuracy of occlusion, using articulators and micrometers; places tooth models on apparatus that mimics bite and movement of patient's jaw.
- Melts metals or mixes plaster, porcelain, or acrylic pastes; pours materials into molds or over frameworks in order to form dental prostheses or apparatus. Removes excess metal or porcelain and polishes surfaces of prostheses or frameworks.
- Creates a model of patient's mouth by pouring plaster into a dental impression and allowing plaster to set; bakes porcelain onto metal framework.
- Builds and shapes wax teeth, using small hand instruments and information from dentist specifications.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional kneeling, frequent pushing/pulling, constant reaching, constant sitting, constant standing, frequent twisting, and occasional walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):